What is Phishing?
Phishing is a high-tech scam that obtains an individual’s personal or financial information through fraudulent means.
How can I keep from being a victim?
- Never provide your account number or other confidential information to someone who calls claiming to be with Union Bank.
- Never respond to emails or mailings for anyone claiming to be with Union Bank and requesting confidential information.
- Never provide your confidential information to someone unless you are completely certain of who it is and that there is a valid reason for requesting the information.
- We will never contact you via email.
- We will never request you to send us confidential information, such as your social security number or account number via the mail or internet.
- We will never request you to provide confidential information via our website.
- We will never call you and ask you to provide your account number, social security number or other confidential information.
For more information on Phishing and other internet scams, visit the FDIC’s website at www.fdic.gov/consumers/consumer/alerts/phishing.html.
Additional information on Internet threats published by The Dept. of Homeland Security and The National Cyber Security Alliance can be found at www.staysafeonline.org/basics/internetthreatlist06.html.