How QuickBooks Self Employed Connects to Your Financial Institution
QuickBooks Self Employed connects to your financial institution via technology that interacts directly with your financial institution’s website. QuickBooks Self Employed also supports .csv file uploads as an optional method to update your bank accounts.
Connect an Account
- Open a web browser and log in to QuickBooks Self Employed
- On the Home screen, click Transactions in the left sidebar.
- You will then have the option to connect an account or add an account. Click Connect Account on the left or click the dropdown by Add Transaction and then click Add Account.
4. Enter your financial institution’s name or your financial institution’s online banking website URL in the search field and click the search icon.
- QuickBooks Self Employed will now display a list with the search results. Click your financial institution on the list to access its login screen.
- In the login screen, enter the same credentials you use to access online banking, then click Connect Securely.
- QuickBooks will establish a secure connection with your financial institution, and show your accounts at that institution. You can show or hide accounts by toggling the slider under Show Account.
- After you have set the show/hide feature for your accounts, select Next and then Done to complete the account setup or Connect Another Account to add another institution.