ATM and Night Deposit Precautions
ATM & Night Deposit Facility User Precautions
As with all financial transactions, please exercise discretion and be careful when using an ATM or night deposit facility in order to ensure your own safety. The following suggestions may be useful:
- Prepare for your transactions at home (for instance, by filling out a deposit slip) to minimize your time at the ATM or night deposit facility.
- Mark each transaction in your account record, but not while at the ATM or night deposit facility.
- Always save your ATM receipts. Do not leave them at the ATM or night deposit facility because they may contain important account information.
- Compare your records with the account statements you receive.
- Do not lend your ATM card to anyone.
- Remember, do not leave your car at the ATM. Do not leave any documents at a night deposit facility.
- Protect the secrecy of your Personal Identification Number (PIN). Protect your ATM card as though it were cash. Do not tell anyone your PIN. Do not give anyone information regarding your ATM card or PIN over the telephone. Do not write your Pin where it can be discovered. For example, do not keep a note of your PIN using your wallet or purse.
- Prevent others from seeing you enter your PIN by using your body to shield their view.
- If you lose your ATM card or if it stolen, promptly notify us. You should consult the other disclosures you have received about electronic fund transfers for additional information about what to do if your card is lost or stolen.
- When you make a transaction, be aware of your surroundings. Look out for suspicious activity near the ATM or night deposit facility, particularly if it is after sunset. At night, be sure that the facility (including the parking area and walkways) is well lighted. Consider having someone accompany you when you use the facility, especially after sunset. If you observe any problem, go to another ATM or night deposit facility.
- Do not accept assistance from anyone you do not know when using an ATM or night deposit facility.
- If you notice anything suspicious or if any other problem arises after you have begun an ATM transaction, you may want to cancel the transaction, pocket your card and leave. You might consider using another ATM or coming back later.
- Do not display your cash; pocket it as soon as the ATM transaction is completed and count the cash later when you are in the safety of your own car, home, or other secure surrounding.
- At a drive-up facility, make sure all the car doors are locked and all the windows are rolled up, except the driver’s window. Keep the engine running and remain alert to your surroundings.
It is the policy of the Institution, as well as our desire, to provide an ATM and night deposit facility that is safe and convenient for you. Therefore, please tell us if you know of any problem with a facility. For example, let us know if a light is not working or there is any damage to a facility. Please report any suspicious activity or crimes to both the operator of the facility and the local law enforcement officials immediately.