Under supervision and according to existing procedures and systems provides a variety of customer service functions involving receipt and payment of money and controlling a fund of cash. Work involves constant and direct dealing with bank clients and requires the ability to communicate tactfully and encourage satisfaction with service. Maintains knowledge of all security policies and procedures. Performs other related duties of a clerical nature when requested. Actively participates in attaining branch goals and proactively sells and refers bank and non-bank products and services. Must maintain high level of confidentiality in all aspects of the position.
- Represents the bank to the clients in a courteous and professional manner. Proficient manual dexterity to provide prompt, efficient and accurate service in processing transactions.
- Responsible for accurately verifying cash and checks for deposit to savings and checking accounts, verifies deposit amounts, visually examines checks for endorsement and negotiability. Enters transactions
onto the teller machine.
- Following established policies and procedures, cashes checks and pays out monies from various types of checking and savings accounts upon verification of signatures and client account balances. Visually
inspects all checks and savings withdrawals to determine their negotiability.
- Performs these tasks as required:
- Makes up change and/or currency orders for clients. May be required to lift boxed or bagged coin weighing approx. 30 lbs.
- Accepts applications for and redeems savings bonds.
- Issues negotiable instruments.
- Processes night and mail deposits.
- Receives and processes various payments.
- Receives payments for such loans as mortgage, installment, line of credit, time plan, etc. ensuring that payments equal the amount due and that all late charges, if applicable, are collected.
- Responsible for security of cash and teller station, transfers excess to vault. Balances cash drawer at end of day. Adjusts figures to reflect proof changes.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills to explain bank products and services to clients, interpret client needs and cross-sell services and products.
- Maintain a high level of customer service with new and existing clients. Listens to client needs and sells/refers specific products either directly or through other staff members i.e. loan officers, investment reps, etc.
- As a participant in branch incentive programs in expected to achieve the branch goals through sales, referrals and retention of account relationships.
- Operates various office equipment i.e. teller machine, terminal, calculator, personal computer. Effectively uses available technology as required by the position. May be required to stand for extended periods of time.
- Participates in all internal meetings, seminars that pertain to the Teller function.
- Comply with federal BSA/AML and OFAC regulations and follow internal Bank procedures related to monitoring, processing of transactions and reporting.
- Responsible for completing all assigned and required training by designated due dates.
- In assigned offices, may be required to balance ATM and be knowledgeable in ATM procedures. Balancing involves lifting the cassettes and entering the ATM facility.
- May be required to travel to other branch locations as needed. Flexible schedule as office hours may vary.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 or more years Cash handling experience, 1 or more years of previous bank experience
- Ability to serve clients in a cordial, tactful and professional manner.
- Excellent audio, oral and written communication skills to accurately interpret client needs and sell bank products.
- Excellent visual skills to read reports, screens and process transactions.
- Proficient in Jack Henry, Outlook, Word, and Excel applications.
- Ability to operate various types of office equipment, which includes but may not be limited to: telephone, copier, computer, and fax machine.
- Sales oriented to promote sell and refer bank and non-bank products and services.
- Must maintain confidentiality at all times.
This position requires manual dexterity, the ability to lift files and open filing cabinets and the ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 lbs. The position requires bending, stooping or standing as necessary.
Employment contingent upon a successful drug/alcohol screening.
* This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive and is subject to change.