Loan Document Review Supervisor – Greenville, NC
Job Title: Loan Document Review Supervisor FLSA: Non-Exempt
Manager: Loan Compliance & Operations Officer
The position is responsible for managing the loan documentation review and document imaging team. This position ensures all loan document exceptions are identified and tracked for resolution in a timely manner, that all documentation is complete, organized and properly maintained during the review and imaging process. The position ensures high quality (clean/legible) images are produced and accurately defined and indexed to the appropriate electronic file cabinets. The position will assist in developing policies and procedures for imaging system usage including document processing, retrieval and retention. This position will also assist in the review of TRID loans, verifying the accuracy and completeness of loan disclosures, as well as reviewing loans booked in the Greenville, NC location. In addition, this position also ensures compliance with the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA), verifying loans are reportable and validating the accuracy of the information gathered and documented on the Bank’s HMDA LAR.
- Loan Document Review – Oversee the loan document review staff and assist with reviewing all new loan packages to ensure that all documentation is in order and compliance with the Bank’s policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Loan Exception Report Management:
- Review loan documents and note any exceptions on the exception report.
- Clear exception report when items are submitted from the lender.
- Ensures that the exception report is current with items submitted each week by Friday at 5:00 pm.
- Identify trends in exceptions and assist in developing processes and procedures to minimize exceptions.
- Loan Imaging – Oversee the preparation and scanning of all existing and new loan documentation, ensuring that the scanned images are precise, clean and legible, and that the documents are properly organized and indexed electronically.
- Support the development of document imaging policies and procedures for system usage, document processing, retrieval and retention.
- Establish and maintain the retention of original loan documentation in the physical loan files as required (i.e. promissory notes, recorded documents, vehicle titles, etc.).
- Monitor the destruction process of the remaining loan documentation papers according to internal retention procedures.
- Filing – File loan files and documents on an ongoing basis.
- Compliance – Ensures all loan documents are in compliance and that the lenders are abiding by all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations related to loans
- BSA/AML/OFAC – Comply with federal BSA/AML and OFAC regulations and follow internal Bank procedures • Training – Responsible for completing all assigned and required training by designated due dates. Also responsible for training of direct reports, as well as assisting with training of other loan operations positions and training of lenders as applicable.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years of financial institution or equivalent experience; loan operations or compliance experience preferred.
- Knowledge of consumer lending laws and regulations preferred.
- 5 years of management experience.
- Effective Communication skills
- General knowledge of office equipment, such as calculator, copier, fax, etc.
- Computer skill, including Microsoft Word and Excel applications, is required.
- Attention to details, to meet deadlines and to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- An ability to work well with others, work independently, and work under minimal supervision in a fast-paced work environment is critical.
This position requires manual dexterity, the ability to lift files and open filing cabinets and the ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 lbs. The position requires bending, stooping or standing as necessary.
Employment is contingent upon a successful drug/alcohol screening.
* This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive and is subject to change.