Loan Document Review Specialist – Greenville, NC
Job Title: Loan Document Review Specialist FLSA: Non-Exempt
Manager: Loan Document Review Supervisor
The position is responsible for loan documentation review, monitoring and clearing loan documentation exceptions, and document imaging. This position ensures all loan document exceptions are identified and tracked for resolution in a timely manner, that all documentation is complete, organized, and properly maintained during the review and imaging process. The position ensures high-quality (clean/legible) images are produced and accurately defined and indexed to the appropriate electronic file cabinets. This position will also assist in the review of TRID loans, verifying the accuracy and completeness of loan disclosures, as well as reviewing loans booked in the Greenville, NC location.
- Loan Document Review – Perform reviews of loan documentation for new loan packages to ensure that all documentation is in order and compliant with the Bank’s policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Loan Exception Report Management:
- Review loan documents and note any exceptions on the exception report.
- Clear exception report when items are submitted from the lender.
- Ensures that the exception report is current with items submitted in a given week by Friday at 5:00 pm.
- Identify trends in exceptions, and assist in developing processes and procedures to minimize exceptions.
- Loan Imaging – Assist with the preparation and scanning of all existing and new loan documentation, ensuring that the scanned images are precise, clean and legible, and that the documents are properly organized and indexed electronically.
- Support processes for the retention of original loan documentation in the physical loan files as required (i.e. promissory notes, recorded documents, vehicle titles, etc.).
- Assist with the destruction process of the remaining loan documentation papers according to internal retention procedures.
- Filing – File loan files and documents on an ongoing basis.
- Compliance – Ensures all loan documents are in compliance and that the lenders are abiding by all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations related to loans
- BSA/AML/OFAC – Comply with federal BSA/AML and OFAC regulations and follow internal Bank procedures • Training – Responsible for completing all assigned and required training by designated due dates. Also responsible for training of direct reports, as well as assisting with training of other loan operations positions and training of lenders as applicable.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years of financial institution or equivalent experience; loan operations, compliance, or internal audit experience preferred.
- Knowledge of consumer lending laws and regulations preferred.
- Effective Communication skills
- General knowledge of office equipment, such as calculator, copier, fax, etc.
- Computer skill, including Microsoft Word and Excel applications, is required.
- Attention to details, to meet deadlines and to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- An ability to work well with others, work independently, and work under minimal supervision in a fast-paced work environment is critical.
This position requires manual dexterity, the ability to lift files and open filing cabinets, and the ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 lbs. The position requires bending, stooping or standing as necessary.
Employment is contingent upon a successful drug/alcohol screening.
* This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive and is subject to change.