Loan Administrative Assistant – Wilmington, NC
Job Title: Loan Administrative Assistant FLSA: Non-Exempt
Manager: Area Market
This position is responsible for providing commercial loan processing, assisting lenders, and providing loan portfolio maintenance in a high-volume lending office. The position will review Commercial Loan Approval Forms for accuracy and adherence to bank policy, coordinate loan closings with borrowers, generate loan packages with required documentation, perform post-closing reviews of loan documentation, and set up and maintain loan credit files. The candidate will also be responsible for the following:
- Loan Processing:
- Provide loan processing for a residential home builder portfolio.
- Prepare/review commercial loan documents used to facilitate lending in the private Home Builder industry.
- Work within a standardized and process-oriented system to fund and administer a professional home builder loan portfolio.
- Perform new construction loan set up, order appraisals, prepare amendments to Deeds of Trust, prepare inspection sheets, and administer the disbursement of funds and service the loan portfolio.
- Closing Coordinator:
- Responsible for reviewing due diligence items and maintaining the loan closing checklist to manage a pipeline of loans with a medium to long sales cycle.
- Organize/review items necessary to close commercial term loans secured by real estate.
- Maintain communication with lenders, clients, and attorneys in a fast-paced environment to ensure a satisfactory closing experience for clients.
- Perform reviews of loan documentation for new loan packages to ensure that all documentation is in order and compliant with the Bank’s policies and procedures and regulatory requirements. • Provide exceptional service to client base and maintain confidence as a main point of contact in a loan transaction.
- Loan Exception Report Management:
- Review loan documents and note any exceptions on the exception report.
- Clear exception report when items are submitted from the lender.
- Ensure that the exception report is current with items submitted each week by Friday at 5:00 pm.
- Identify trends in exceptions and assist in developing processes and procedures to minimize exceptions.
- Loan Imaging:
- Assist with the preparation and scanning of all existing and new loan documentation.
- Ensure scanned images are precise, clean, and legible, and that the documents are properly organized and indexed electronically.
- Support processes for the retention of original loan documentation in the physical loan files as required (i.e., promissory notes, recorded documents, vehicle titles, etc.).
- Assist with the destruction process of the remaining loan documentation papers according to internal retention procedures.
- Main loan files on an ongoing basis to ensure documents are completed.
- Ensure all loan documents are in compliance with all laws and regulations
- Monitor and ensure lenders are abiding by all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations related to loans.
- BSA/AML/OFAC – Comply with federal BSA/AML and OFAC regulations and follow internal Bank procedures.
- Training – Responsible for completing all assigned and required training by designated due dates. Also responsible for training of direct reports, as well as assisting with training of other loan operations positions and training of lenders as applicable.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 5 years of loan processing/lender assistant experience at a financial institution or equivalent experience; loan operations, compliance, or internal audit experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and frequently with all stakeholders in a busy and high-volume commercial lending environment.
- Ability to develop and maintain long-term relationships with existing clients.
- Possess a fundamental understanding of real estate transactions and associated loan portfolio maintenance.
- Have a basic understanding of retail branch operations.
- Detail-oriented and have the ability to maintain accuracy in a high-volume environment.
- General knowledge of office equipment, such as calculator, copier, fax, etc.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel applications, is required. • Attention to details, to meet deadlines and to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- An ability to work well with others, work independently, and work under minimal supervision in a fast-paced work environment is critical.
This position requires manual dexterity, the ability to lift files and open filing cabinets and the ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 lbs. The position requires bending, stooping or standing as necessary.
Employment is contingent upon a successful drug/alcohol screening.
* This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive and is subject to change.