Branch Manager – Henderson, NC
Job Title: Union Bank Branch Manager I
The Branch Manager I is responsible for the administration and efficient daily operation of a full-service branch office, including operations, consumer deposit sales, customer service and security in accordance with the banks objectives, policies and procedures. Is expected to achieve individual and branch sales goals through sales, referrals and retention of account relationships. Promotes the sales and service culture through coaching, guidance and motivation for branch staff to do the same. Delegates some of the day-to-day operations to Union Bank Advisor IV or III as appropriate in order to be available to make business calls and loans. Functions as an active leader and coach to branch staff and is responsible for communicating branch goals to staff. Participates in community affairs to increase banks visibility and to enhance new and existing business opportunities.
- Actively sells, promotes and refers bank and non-bank products and services. Responsible for the development and maintenance of assigned client relationships as well as developing new client relationships. As a participant in the branch incentive program is expected to contribute to achieving the branch goals through sales, referrals and retention of account relationships. Proactively supports and motivates branch staff in the bank’s referral program and participation in the incentive program. Encourages individual achievement and participation through promotions and contests and continually reviews results of same. Monitors ongoing sales/referral training needs of staff and recommends or makes adjustments as necessary to achieve branch goals.
- Has overall responsibility for management of all staff in the office. Works closely with and seeks feedback from front-line staff.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of laws, regulations, compliance regulations and Bank policies pertaining to consumer, commercial and mortgage loans and general operations.
- As the Branch Team Leader, responsible for participating in setting and achieving branch goals. Explains to staff how individual effort contributes to achievement of branch goals. Observes staff to ensure the highest level of customer service is being maintained. Reviews results on a regular basis and recommends or makes adjustments necessary to achieve goals.
- Determines the organization of his/her staff based on the office size and client needs. Takes responsibility for scheduling staff to ensure appropriate level of customer service is maintained.
- Evaluates performance of all front-line employees on a regular basis.
- Ensures the development of staff and monitors their ongoing processes as it relates to employee development initiative and available opportunities.
- Maintains knowledge of security policies and strictly adheres to established procedures. Assures that as changes in office procedures are made by Security Officer, all staff are made aware of and understand the change.
- Promotes a team environment through coaching, guidance, and motivation.
- Works closely with, directly or indirectly through assigned subordinates, to ensure effective communication to staff and implementation of all policy and procedure changes as approved by senior management. Schedules any training necessary for staff to implement these changes. May attend or assign office personnel to attend regularly scheduled meetings of any one of these departments.
- Ensures that the branch is open and ready to conduct business each business day. Delegates various operational duties to staff, but assumes overall administrative responsibility for operating the branch.
- Responsible for recommending marketing objectives for the area serviced by the office by performing the following:
- Identifies and pursues potential sources of business and assuring that it would be in the Bank’s best interest to develop such business.
- Seeking assistance from senior management when necessary to review or confirm strategies.
- Makes regular business development calls to solicit new loan or depository business or improve services to existing clients.
- Documents monthly, the results of call effort for review by branch administration.
- Works with Account Officers and communicates with delinquent clients to determine customer status and reason for delinquency.
- May contact clients to schedule account to current status if adjustment cannot be resolved immediately.
- Counsels delinquent clients to possibly avoid future problems.
- As necessary, knows, understands, and provides client services such as explaining savings and checking programs, opening new accounts, approving checks presented to teller for cashing, and dealing with difficult clients.
- Attends regularly scheduled management and committee meetings. Communicates, as appropriate, issues addressed at these meetings to branch staff.
- Responsible for assuring that all relevant operating and compliance procedures are properly performed in the specific are of supervision.
- Responsible to ensure that supervised staff meets all established training standards for the department.
- Comply with federal BSA/AML and OFAC regulations and follow internal Bank procedures related to monitoring, processing of transactions and reporting.
- Responsible for completing all assigned and required training by designated due dates.
- Participates in various professional, civic and community activities for professional growth and enhancing the image of the bank.
- Understands and is able to communicate Bank’s written CRA policy and is able to answer clients CRA questions. Trains branch staff in same on an annual basis. Forwards all CRA related documents, comments and any records of community involvement to the CRA officer. Assures that the office and staff meet their CRA commitment to the community. Maintains the Branch CRA file.
- On a daily basis, reviews overdraft reports and the significant activity reports to determine recommendations for payment vs. non-payment and to determine large currency transactions for reporting as necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining high degree of quality in cleanliness, orderliness and hazard free conditions in the interior and exterior of the assigned office. Notifies maintenance or branch administrator of any problems or unsafe conditions.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 8 or more years of previous bank experience with a focus on sales and marketing activities.
- Ability to serve customers in a cordial, tactful and professional manner.
- Excellent verbal communication to call on new or existing clients, to interview effectively and assist with client problems.
- Excellent visual skills to read reports, screens and process transactions
- Proficient or must become proficient in Jack Henry, Outlook, Word, and Excel applications.
- Ability to operate various types of office equipment, which includes but may not be limited to: telephone, copier, computer, and fax machine.
- Sales oriented to promote sell and refer bank and non-bank products and services.
- Must maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Strong organizational skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to conduct productive interview sessions with loan applicants, explain various bank and non-bank products and services, and resolve problems or discrepancies in data provided to clients.
- Leadership skills to guide and motivate staff to achieve branch goals.
- Analytical ability to conduct a preliminary analysis of applicant’s financial position.
- Thorough knowledge of branch operations to assist front-line staff in coordination of daily work flow and resolve employee and client problems.
This position requires manual dexterity, the ability to lift files and open filing cabinets and the ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 lbs. The position requires bending, stooping or standing as necessary.
Employment contingent upon a successful drug/alcohol screening.
* This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive and is subject to change.