Advisor IV – Wilmington, NC
Job Title: Union Bank Advisor IV
Under supervision while in a training capacity, proactively promotes, sells and refers bank and non-bank products and services. Participates in attaining branch goals. Via platform automation, prepares, keys and uploads new accounts to the JHA system. Assists customers with safe deposit box entry and explains the rules and regulations of various types of accounts. May direct the work of teller line, and/or oversee vault and cash balances. Responsible for proactively identifying Treasury Management customer needs and suggesting related products and services. Performs routine account maintenance within the JHA system. Provides account information to customers on request.
- Actively promotes, sells and refers bank and non-bank products and services. Helps to achieve the branch goals through sales, referrals and retention of account relationships.
- Explains deposit account rules and the proper use of the service.
- Cross-sells bank and non-bank products/services. Includes all banking products as well as investment products, insurance, and long term care.
- Prepares forms necessary to activate or reactivate accounts.
- Accompanies the client to the teller line for processing of initial deposit if applicable.
- May provide support to lending function within branch.
- Attends classes conducted to maintain awareness of bank products, selling referral techniques, compliance and procedures.
- Maintains a high level of customer service with new and existing customers. Listens to client needs and sells/refers specific products either directly or through other staff members i.e. loan officers, investment representative, etc.
- Assists in processing Certificate of Deposit’s, and IRA’s, including acquainting the client with various legal requirements, gathering necessary information and preparing the required documents. • Assists customers with phone transfers, wire transfers and stop payments while processing appropriate paperwork.
- Must operate personal computer to key information for all types of accounts, i.e. maintenance for new accounts, changes on existing accounts, verify balances, etc. Must be keyboard proficient to respond to client inquiries.
- Keys information to platform system and prepares any related paperwork for customers who sign up for direct deposit of social security checks, government agency checks, pension checks, payroll checks, etc. Prepares applicable copies of forms for bank to file.
- Assist customers requesting entry into safe deposit boxes. Interviews new safe deposit box customers, explaining the use of the box and prepares the contract for authorized signatures. Keys information to JHA system to generate safe deposit bill to client.
- In the event of the death of a client, pulls various account information from files to initiate holds on accounts, and follows up with the operations center to “flag” security of funds of deceased. • Performs various clerical duties, which pertain to the CSR area, which may include weekly/monthly reports specific to the branch.
- Comply with federal BSA/AML and OFAC regulations and follow internal Bank procedures related to monitoring, processing of transactions and reporting.
- Responsible for completing all assigned and required training by designated due dates.
- May be required to travel to other offices or training locations as needed. Flexible schedules as office hours may vary and branch meetings may be held before or after hours.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- 5 or more years of previous bank experience with a focus on sales and marketing activities • Strong understanding of Treasury Management products.
- Ability to serve customers in a cordial, tactful and professional manner.
- Excellent audio, oral and written communication skills to accurately interpret client needs and sell bank products.
- Excellent visual skills to read reports, screens and process transactions
- Proficient or must become proficient in Jack Henry, Outlook, Word, and Excel applications.
- Ability to operate various types of office equipment, which includes but may not be limited to: telephone, copier, computer, and fax machine.
- Sales oriented to promote sell and refer bank and non-bank products and services. • Must maintain confidentiality at all times.
This position requires manual dexterity, the ability to lift files and open filing cabinets and the ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 lbs. The position requires bending, stooping or standing as necessary.
Employment contingent upon a successful drug/alcohol screening.
* This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive and is subject to change.